How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.