How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.