How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.