How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.