How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.