How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.