How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.