How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.